Plus: Wander does Wander things, two former horseman of The Stable join the Horsing Around Pod, and what is the theoretical limit longest HR possible?
- Rays’ Austin Meadows’ past is showing, and that’s a good thing – Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times: Meadows has put his strange and frustrating 2020 in the rearview mirror so far this year.
- Wander homers in back-to-back games – MLB.com: Wander Franco keeps doing amazing things on a nightly basis in Durham.
- Tampa Bay Rays split with Nationals in the battle of Montreal – Kasey Kuhrts, Rays Colored Glasses: The Rays had a disappointing game 2 vs the Nats, but even in a frustrating game Tampa Bay proved their resolve coming back 3 separate times.
- Reminders of baseball’s humanity, from Luke Farrell to Whiteyball to the joy of the Tampa Bay Rays – Peter Gammons, The Athletic
- “They’ve Earned The Benefit of the Doubt Inside the Clubhouse” Adam Berry – Beckles & Recher: Rays MLB.com beat reporter, Adam Berry, joins the Beckles and Recher show to talk the Rays league and baseball best record.
- Fairbanks and Neil are joined in Episode 5 by two former members of The Stable:
Thanks for joining us, Curtiss
Pete catches up with former bullpen mates Aaron Slegers and John Curtiss on the latest ep. of Horsing Around
— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) June 10, 2021
- The Champs are loose at the start of training camp:
- The Tampa Bay Lightning Turned It Up Just In Time. Will They Make History? – Terrence Doyle, FiveThirtyEight
Around the League
- Daaaaaa Yankees lose!
— Minnesota Twins (@Twins) June 11, 2021
- You hate to see it:
Aroldis Chapman is the 1st Yankee ever in a Blown Save to:
✅ get 0 outs
✅ allow 4+ runs
✅ allow 2+ HR
— Katie Sharp (@ktsharp) June 11, 2021
- Jacob deGrom is actually unbelievable:
A bad ERA+ is 75.
An average ERA+ is 100.
A good ERA+ is 125.
Jacob deGrom’s ERA+ is 626.
— Paul Hembekides (@PaulHembo) June 10, 2021
- Zack Wheeler Was Always The Next Big Thing. He’s Finally Put It All Together. – Brian Menéndez, FiveThirtyEight: DRB’s own, Brian Menéndez breaks down a former top target of the Rays, Zach Wheeler’s ascension to top of the rotation ability.
- What’s the Longest Possible Home Run? – Tim Newcomb, Popular Mechanics: Fun article with a professor of physics to help answer the question (which we will hopefully get to test at the Home Run Derby in Denver).